25 December 2006

MERRY CHRISTMAS !
P.S. Jeff did not know that if you click on each photo you get a much larger picture.... so just to let you all know click on the pics !
We went to dinner last night at a special Xmas eve buffet. TOOOOOOO much food for my liking, but I tasted (and I do mean tasted) tons of good food. Personally, I prefer to choose my food... or even cook it myself , but then this is a vacation. Woke up this morning way too early... I guess that I am still on NY time... I was alert and ready to go before 5AM . I wish that that time in the morning was that easy during the work week.... well I almost went to Ipanema Beach to watch the sunrise, but then suddendly I fell sound asleep. When we did get up, it was a beautiful day. We took a taxi to Corcovado, the mountain that the statue of Christ the Redeemer is located.
It was an amazing site... Here is a picture of it.... of it's setting amid the city of Rio de Janeiro...


...and of me being a geeky tourist, doing the tourist thing...and proof that Jeff was indeed with me. Don't laugh tooooo hard. It is about 96 degrees 2day... and sunny .... we are planning a walk through this area of town.... and then dinner plans at a Brazilian churrascaria (that is a BBQ steak house to you and me).... beef is a big Brazilian "thing".... the place is called Marius I'll give ya my opinion later. We are planing a visit to a favela (that would be a slum to u and me)... it reminds us of doing the tour in Soweto Jo'burgh South Africa... and that was a moving experience..... and yes we are going on a tour, just to be on the safe side.
Hope all your Xmas wishes came true... Merry Christmas to all !