24 December 2006
Rio de Janeiro 4 X'mas
We leave new paltz for JFK.... the plane flight is delayed almost three hours, but that is still OK, that's just the way it goes sometimes. We arrive in Rio... to R A I N ...yikees!
I am scared , did I pick the right holiday. .. and then they check us into a room without a view.... and that just doesn't sit well with us... GEE , you know what all this means don't you? Our first rule of travel is..." never judge a destination by the first day" So we just go with the the flow... after all we do know the first rule. Then just at bed time I look out the window... and see 28 floors below ... a good ole fashioned Rio parade... they take there parades very seriously here... kind of a dry run for Carnival. 
So we rush out... and it has stopped raining, the music is loud, the dancing of both the parade performers and the parade watchers is catchy... soon both of us are forgetting about getting here... now we are getting into being here....

When we wake up in the morning, the entire city is filled with fog, I think that it travels as far up as the 15th floor of the hotel. What a strange and eerie sight. But this is NOT the first day, so by the time we have breakfast and get ourselves 2gether the beach is sunny, and we have our first sighting of the city's icon... the statue of Christ the Redeemer... from our hotel room it is distant but still present.
And then it is off 2 Copacabana Beach (across the street) but not before we stop into a local supermarket for some essentials... cookies, wine, water, and coca cola lite.

We leave new paltz for JFK.... the plane flight is delayed almost three hours, but that is still OK, that's just the way it goes sometimes. We arrive in Rio... to R A I N ...yikees!
I am scared , did I pick the right holiday. .. and then they check us into a room without a view.... and that just doesn't sit well with us... GEE , you know what all this means don't you? Our first rule of travel is..." never judge a destination by the first day" So we just go with the the flow... after all we do know the first rule. Then just at bed time I look out the window... and see 28 floors below ... a good ole fashioned Rio parade... they take there parades very seriously here... kind of a dry run for Carnival. 
So we rush out... and it has stopped raining, the music is loud, the dancing of both the parade performers and the parade watchers is catchy... soon both of us are forgetting about getting here... now we are getting into being here....
When we wake up in the morning, the entire city is filled with fog, I think that it travels as far up as the 15th floor of the hotel. What a strange and eerie sight. But this is NOT the first day, so by the time we have breakfast and get ourselves 2gether the beach is sunny, and we have our first sighting of the city's icon... the statue of Christ the Redeemer... from our hotel room it is distant but still present.
And then it is off 2 Copacabana Beach (across the street) but not before we stop into a local supermarket for some essentials... cookies, wine, water, and coca cola lite.