20 July 2007

 

Lost In Translation

You know how things can sometimes get a bit confusing when you translate... well I could not resist these two... from the ancient city of PingYao:

The first was a set of three trash cans... one for trash, one for recycling... and according to the third, it was for arzardous waste ... makes ya think...China really is prepared.The second was on the top of a Government Building (again PingYao)... we happened to be directly above the torture chamber (used until 1960).... it shows a human jumping from one thing to another.... with the circle and line in red.... I read that as ... no jumping from one building to another.... (Hey if I wanted to get out of here bad enough... I would just ignore the sign!) And one more laughable moment... Jeff and I had just left the aforementioned torture area.... we approached a high walled stone courtyard.... labeled on one side Temple of Hell... Jeff turns and askes me... what do you think this area was used for??? I reply, gee... looks kinda like an area for firing squad execution... at which point a few very loud bangs from a nearby firecracker went off ! We both moved quickly outta there !

Comments:
I love the pictures and your humor.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?