18 July 2007

 

shop, Shop, SHop, SHOp, SHOP !!!


2day started with Jeff going to pickup the 14 (about) pairs of glasses he bought yesterday... and if you were reading what I wrote before.... yup, he did get back in one piece (minus many Yuans) But that was just the beginning. As we all know by reading the tags on everything its all made in CHINA. And, after it is made in China, it is made again in China as a knockoff! And then we also know that those knockoffs cost just a fraction of the real item.... and in China, with its exchange rate.... well, it is just a shoppers Paradise !!! First we went to the 5 story mall known as the Pearl Market. It sells beads, jewelry, pearls, crafts, artifacts, Mao memorabilia, paper, ceramics, and, well just about everything. After that off to the Curio and Antique Market, another five story mall this time with high end stuff... we just looked. Finally, the best was saved for last, the Silk Market. Almost entirely knockoff fashion, six stories of bargains... and I must tell you, these salespeople were aggressive. They would touch you, pull you, hold on to you... at one pint in the sneaker area I was having so many sneakers pushed into my face and surrounded by 5 or six salesgirls, all shouting about what a good deal they would give me... I thought I was going to have to fight my way out! I was smacked by one woman because I told Jeff not to buy something from her (she had refused to give an exchange of size to another customer, and I thought that was sleazy.) The whole day was chaotic, noisy, crowded, and filled with bargains. We just loved it! Being the sensible one, I only spent too much money. Jeff on the other hand...
2morrow we are off to the ancient city of PingYao. More when I can connect again... maybe in PingYao, maybe not till Xi’an. xox

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?