23 December 2007

 

In Phnom Pehn ...

An unusual start for a trip... neither of us packed until Saturday morning, about ½ hour before the driver got here. The driver got lost on our street (sort of instilled a sense of trust in his sense of direction) I heard the cell ring and thought .. Who is this calling at this time of the morning... glad I wasn’t in the shower. We left New Paltz @630 AM.

The check in and security checks were actually painless... we are not big fans of JFK; (our preference is for Newark). The flight was all of 16.5 short, and oh what an excellent trip / flight! If I do say so, the food on Thai Airways is the BEST! Or at least I think so. The flight attendants are dressed in very traditional long gowns. They look lovely (no the male attendants were not in drag). Each person has there own monitor (almost a standard now, I know) but you also get an on demand system for TV, Video games, and about 50 films! I was impressed. Even after taking my ambien, I woke up for the second meal... and ate it... (Apparently I ate it in my sleep.) Later I thought it was only a dream, but ... I woke up happy, comfortably full, and content.

JK on the other hand thought he slept through the meal. When he asked the flight attendant... she shook her head and said sorry, but you ate it already. He swears to me that it was a conspiracy... that he did not eat!

PS I slept for almost 10 hours... good stuff that ambien!
After a short wait for the flight from Bangkok to the capitol city of Phnom Penh, a ride with a chatty driver, and a quick hotel registration. .. we are here! Here is a pic of our view from the room... on the Mekong riverfront and an intersection of four streets. All with no traffic signal !
A bit disoriented, and excited about the Cambodian adventure. I will post a picture or two, then it's off to explore the town, and then to sleep! xoxox h

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?