21 June 2008
Sooner than Later
I have spent the last couple of days trying to get train tickets from Cusco to Machu Picchu and then back to the Sacred Valley at Ollantaytambo. The plane tickets were purchased long ago with LAN Airlines.I am finding PeruRail to be very difficult to deal with... I have emailed them several times, called twice... and still no tickets.
Oh well, somehow, something will work out. I just hope sooner than later.
We are busy doing the week before stuff: Our limo to
JFK, airport transfers,
malaria medication, and this blog entry. I have also checked the weather. It seems to me that we will spend some time in very warm temperatures in the Amazon, and some quite cool temperatures in and around the Andes Mountains . Cuzco Weather / Machu Picchu Weather / Arequipa Weather / Lima Weather / Amazon Weather
Although I know how to travel light the PeruRail restriction of only one bag at a maximum of 5 KG (that's 11 pounds) is posing a problem... my camera and computer gear alone is almost over the limit. Oh well... this too shall work out. Again, I just hope sooner than later.