02 August 2008

 

My Precious…

Heard around Sea Trail this past week, can you identify the speaker?




"Oh shut up! We are not!"

[said during a reenactment of a previous conversation, about north/south hostilities, and then repeated endlessly by a brilliant northerner.]








"It will never last!"

[said by a clairvoyant rice mill circle economic forecaster.]








"I'm just checking the airlines for a flight."

[said by a nervous flier in search of the perfect flight.]




"…and I wish you had a big wart on the tip of your nose."
[originally said by a southern belle, but used often by the Yankee contingent.]












"He took off with his boyfriend for a long weekend"

[said by a person with a loose tooth.]








"Do you want these pickles? After eating yours I can't stand eating the store bought variety."

[said in Fibber Magee's by the mom of a short woman.]



"…the protective ice."

[said by everyone, repeatedly !]






"The best part of the day was the visit to the zoo… remember how much you liked it?"




[said by a Yankee photographer to the Rice Mill Circle clan.]





"I am a shiksa, and the water was pishock you alta kocker!"

[said by a short shiksa.]












"I was just taking my 1 o'clock nap."

[said at 12:20 PM after two hours of zzzz's.]






"Let's stop and eat…"

[said by a short woman when walking from a restaurant, to the car.]


"We don't do it that way here."
[said by just about everyone who lived south of Hopewell Junction .]


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?