14 December 2008
Well yesterday was an eventful day. Two important things happened. We finalized the plans for the house/cat care. We are lucky enough to have Bev + Gerri again staying at the house to watch over things. It sure eases my mind that someone is staying here. I mean, the house is over an hundred, and the cats sure do love Gerri and Bev.
The second thing that happened was that my twelve year old carry-on suitecase finally broke beyond repair. I have travelled literally around the world with that carry-on. I really knew how to pack it ! I could go away for 4 1/2 weeks with just that carry-on. Replacing it was one of those six of one half a dozen of the other situations. No matter what I chose I would be loosing some feature that I have come to rely upon. Oh well, the new case should be just fine after I break it in. It's a brand I never heard of before, Briggs and Riley.

