29 March 2010

The forecast for today was rain…. So I had the foresight/luck to book my cooking class for today xD
I found a place called Cooking Alaturka from the NYTimes a few months ago, and when I asked the hotel for a recommendation, they suggested it also… so here I am, spending the day cooking local Turkish / Ottoman home style cooking. A great way to spend a rainy day if ya ask me.
I asked if we could make one of my faves, a roasted eggplant dish with seasoned onions and tomatoes, called imam bayildi. The response was “probably not, too much chopping, but that they would be happy to review the protocol with me so I could do it on my own @ home…. They obviously do not know my knife skills, but then they are dealing w/ more people than just me. I still can’t wait =D
While I was there, JK was shopping up a storm @the Grand Bazaar... he texted me to meet him there when I was done. While there I was "dressed" by one of the vendors *much to jk's delight* as a sultan... see pic to the left rofl :p