28 March 2010
got here yesterday afternoon, and with a seven hour time difference, I'm a bit *read that totally* jet lagged! The limo to JFK was the worst part!!! We ran into more major traffic jams, accidents, and slow downs... it was horriffic. I wasn't the only one to be worried about making the flight. The driver wa playing all those "games" to make up for lost time.... he once took the exit for gas only to get right back on.... just to get ahead of 30 cars... so I was sure I would miss the flight YIKES!
Then they just conviently misplaced our seats.... glad I connected with the supervisor in a positive way... she found us good seats... in fact upgraded us on one leg of the journey, but wouldn't / couldn't do squat for the people who were standing around in (giving me dirty looks) in the same prediciment... must be my winning personality lol, or my dent rofl.
The hotel is excellent, it was a Turkish prison up until 1978 ish. Went to dinner at a dive... a nice dive a few blocks from here Antique Turquoise . We sat streetside, and had a great meal.
Today is the first touring day.... stop one Topkapi Palace. Check later for pics and ramblings =D